Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Christmas! All Over the World!

I thought I'd post some of my favorite old family Christmas photos.  Here you can see the evolution of my paternal grandmother's trees - her tiny tree (that's the back of my head, my brother and my dad circa 1962):
Her flocked tree (me rippin open gifts, and I guess my grandmother's handing them to me, probably around 1961):
Her real tree (cousin, brother, cousin, me):
Her aluminum tree (front to back - step-cousin, cousin, step-cousin, brother, cousin, me):
More photos!
My brother - new cowboy guns with holster and our American Bricks.
Christmas 1964 - see my wooden shoes instead of stockings hung?
 Christmas 1965 - Horsman Mary Poppins doll, "Profiles in Courage," and my microscope!
 About 1963 or 1964 - my brother in Santa Claus, Indiana in the middle of summer.
 Christmas 1959 at my maternal grandmother's home.
 My mom Christmas at about the same age in the same room (still have the doll highchair).
Mom with her grandfather at Christmas, circa 1940.
 My brother and I go see Santa - all I want for Christmas appears to be my two front teeth!
 Another Christmas with my mom - a new doll and dollhouse!
 My brother (front), two cousins and me around my paternal grandmother's kitchen table.  Love the floor!
 There's my brother shooting his six-shooter, and me with my Chatty Cathy and a bride doll of my mom's (composition).  I don't know what my dad's holding!
 My uncle (left side), my dad (right side) and their two cousins.  Looks like it's about 1949 or so.
 That's me - Christmas in Massachusetts about 1958.
 Another cousin photo at my paternal grandmother's house, 1964.
 Looks like Christmas 1956 in Kokomo, Indiana.  I still have the black piggy bank - not sure how it survived all these years!
 My brother and me - Christmas 1963.
 My brother and me and my smaller Barbie case (I got two of them that year!), at my maternal grandmother's house in Kokomo, Indiana about 1962.
 My brother, Christmas 1962, at my paternal grandmother's house in Windfall, Indiana.
 My parents, brother and me, looks like Christmas 1964 - Windfall, Indiana.
 Here we are again, Christmas 1963.
Hope you've enjoyed all of these vintage Christmases.  Have a wonderful and safe holiday, however and whatever you celebrate!
(My dog Ralph saying "Merry Christmas" and "Mom, take off this silly hat!" - he lived from 1993 to 2009)


And by the way, here's a really fun and easy craft from Pam and Kate at retrorenovation.com:
HAVE FUN!



No comments: